Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Must-have farmhouse list!!!

This is just my personal preference list, not a "deal-breaker" for me, here goes!!
When looking for my dream farmhouse (or fixer farmhouse I will MAKE into my dream:) These features are a MUST (in random order, as they pop into my head:)

Fireplace (that actually works, gas or wood will do.)
Built-ins (the more the better!) Window seats, book shelves, kitchen hutches...yes, yes, yes!
Front Porch (ok, this is a deal breaker:)
French interior doors
4 plus bedrooms
Guest Cottage, House, Shed...(I'm creative!)
Red Barn, or just a barn usable or not (Hayloft a HUGE plus)
Long drive-way
Small creek (not too deep and scary, gotta keep the little blessings safe :)
Chicken Coop
Garden area
Fruit, Nut (food producing) trees, bushes, berries...EDIBLE mature stuff!
1-1/2 to 2 stories (no rancher-style...been there DONE with that:)
Acres of GREEN...and wildflowers would be appreciated!!

Everything else is cosmetic, fun, decorating, and that can be done! ;)

Oh, I can see the bead board now, and cozy nights by the fire, and my children running and laughing in fields of green...can you smell the orchard in bloom? I'm ready to invite out some family and friends and ring in the new place with an outdoor summer dinner party under the confetti of new blooms!! You're Invited too  <wink>:)

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen the little farm on Travis Creek that's for sale? It's so cute...yellow, porch, creek...I love it, but it's just so far out. I was afraid I'd be too isolated and go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori, I've been looking in Washington and Oregon:) I'll take a look though, I am the same, I want to have some space, but still be closer to town:)

    ReplyDelete